Piety is the essence of one’s existence and work in life. When an employee
fears God, it is embodied as a comprehensive standard of his behaviour in the company. Piety will manifest itself in an employee’s attitude toward
himself, and in his behaviour toward colleagues, superiors, subordinates, and clients.
It will even be noticeable in his treatment of the products and equipment that
his company sells.
Equity governs relationships and those one deals with. Fairness and equity in
the workplace demand that one is never unjust. In fact, equity opposes injustice according to
the company’s by-laws, Code of Conduct and workplace ethics.
Cooperation and teamwork should govern work relations among employees, not ruthless
competition and conflict. Moreover, it is honest competition between companies that is the true indicator of which companies are the most powerful and competent. Honest competition will also reveal which products are of the
highest quality with the best payment terms and price.
1. To maintain close relationships with our
clients, and to gain their satisfaction with our company by:
- Responding promptly to stated requirements.
- Anticipating clients’ needs.
- Proceeding according to expectations.
- Providing informative consultation and unsurpassed
- Assisting with risk management.
- Raising the standard of services offered.
2. To adopt a feasible and scientific working method
- Carrying out continuous review and analysis
of the current working method, and seeking efficient alternatives.
- Establishing the concept of professional work
among employees in order to enhance the company’s values.
- Developing future plans and strategies (daily
– weekly – monthly – quarterly- yearly).
3. To develop employees’
capabilities through continuous training and development.
4. To work according to
international standards, namely ISO 9001:2008.
5. To provide prompt, competitive
service at reasonable cost.